The Department of Exceptional Student Education is launching Transition GPS within the Dadeschools mobile application to provide information and resources for students with an Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) as they prepare for the transition from high school to postsecondary settings.
Transition GPS is now available in the Dadeschools mobile application for students and parents. The tool offers easy access for students and families to locate:
- Community contacts (agencies that may provide support and services as students transition to postsecondary settings)
- Information about requirements pertaining to graduation and deferral of receipt of the standard high school diploma
- M-DCPS Transition Program information and applications
- Educational resources for parents and teachers
- Transition Specialist support request form
- Details about upcoming information sessions and events
Transition GPS may be accessed by opening the Dadeschools app on a mobile device. The Dadeschools mobile app is available on both the App Store and Google Play.
The attached flyer provides helpful information regarding Transition GPS.